The Duet3D community has created a wide range of DIY software and hardware add-ons to extend the capabilities of the Duet hardware and RepRapFirmware.
Here you'll find a listing (in no particular order) of the various projects with a short description and link to further information.
If you know of a project that is not on the list, but should be, post about it here.
- DuetBuddy by zapta. Uses an M5Stack to remotely monitor and display the print progress and changes colors as the duet state changes (in this case from print to pause, cancel and idle).
- Indirect bearing laser filament monitor by brunofporto. A new casing for the Duet3D Laser Filament Monitor to hold two bearings with a compliant mechanism spring to try indirect reading of filament extrusion. The sensor will read the bearing surface instead of the filament and I hope this should end the issues with different filament colors and types.
- PrintEye by EasyTarget. PrintEye is a minimalist information panel for Duet boards; it plugs into the PanelDue UART port, taking power from there and sending M408 S0 once a second, and otherwise waiting for a reply and updating the display based on their contents.
- JogBox by CJD. Connects to the PanelDue Serial port connector on the Duet 2 board and provides a rotary encoder which can be used to jog the CNC machine with the control needed. It also includes 8 buttons which, when pressed, call macros to do any user defined tasks required.
- RepPanel by seeul8er. RepPanel is a user interface for Duet based 3D printers. It is a cheaper alternative to the already available PanelDue. It uses the ESP32 and is optimized for 3.5" displays. If you source the hardware yourself it costs around 25€-30€.
- Stratadue by AJ Quick. Stratadue is an adapter board that connects a Duet 2 (Wifi/Ethernet) to a Stratasys 3D printer such as a uPrint (SE/Plus), Dimension 768 or 1200 (BST, SST, Elite) and possibly some Fortus machines.
- Laser Filament Monitor with Endstop by oseiler. A microswitch is easily added to the laser sensor pcb and the laser sensor can be turned off for filaments that the laser doesn't detect that reliably while the switch will still detect when running out of filament.
- DueUI by gtj0. DueUI is an alternate web-based user Interface for the Duet family of products. It's not meant to replace the full fledged DuetWebControl (DWC) interface but rather to complement it.
- DuetRRF-Timelapse by resam. A tool to create timelapse videos with pictures on every layer change, using a Duet controller, a Telnet connection from a Raspberry Pi (or other PC), and a webcam (to get still pictures over a URL)
- PythonDSF by Danal. module/class to allow Python programs on the Pi attached to a Duet3 to interact with the printer.
- MultiDuetWebMonitor by Danal. Monitor multiple Duet printer statuses from a single browser tab.
- Timelapse Implementation for Pi Zero by doryo. This is my implementation for automated layer lapse using the awesome duetwifi board
- RepRapNotify by Torin. solution for missing notifications/actions for Duet upon change of print status with built in support for pushbullet/pushover/email
- RepRapFirmwareFileManager by wilriker. Command line tool used to perform all file and directory actions available via RepRapFirmware's HTTP interface
- Maximum Acceleration Calculator by wilriker. enter your details and the calculator will provide the maximum possible acceleration that your motor could handle
- Extruder Microstep Calculator by wilriker. calculate the optimal/minimum extruder microstep setting to avoid missed steps
- goduetapiclient (DSF) by wilriker. Port of DuetAPICient to Go
- Exec On MCode DSF Extension by wilriker. A small DSF extension to listen for a user-defined M-Code (e.g. M7722) to then run a system command (e.g. poweroff).
- ObjectSkip DSF Extension by wilriker. DuetSoftwareFramework extension to skip objects in a print because e.g. they are ripped off the build plate or whatever reason you might have to just skip an object.
- Tuning Macros Menu System by Phaedrux. Complete set of menus for tuning acceleration, jerk, pressure advance, and firmware retraction values on the fly.
- Duet Telegram Bot by Martinj. Telegram bot for controlling and receiving notifications from a Duet electronics board.
- RJ TextEditor Gcode Syntax Highlighting by OwenD. RJ Texted now has a syntax file available I did that contains the RRF object model and GCode references.
- UltimateDuetMenuSystem by JadonM. Fully-featured menu system for the Reprap Discount 12864 display on Duet Maestro
- Tool Alignment Machine Vision by Danal. This script is intended to allow Duet V2 and V3 tool-changing printers to align any number of tools that have a recognizable circular nozzle via full automation. It will ultimately generate the correct G10 commands and write them to the printer in a file that can be M98 included in config.g.
- Send GCode to PanelDue Port with Checksums by Bearer. Generate valid checksums for sending gcodes over the PanelDue port.
- DuetLapse by Danal. Time Lapse camera support for Duet based 3D printers. Works with firmware V2 or V3 (including stand alone V3 or Pi based V3). Triggers images based on time, layer change, or pause.
- PrusaSlicer Tool Changer Post Processor by mkudzia. The script includes the following enhancements: Robust prime tower generation, Smart Active/Idle tool-head temperature management, PCF speed management, Validation/stripping of the GCode (i.e. Merlin M900, mapping of the fan ranges etc.)
- SMS Notifier with Image by keyz182. a script to notify on print completion. It runs on a Pi (though should run on any *nix connected to the Duet via USB), and uses Twilio to send SMS, and AWS S3 to store images.
- Cura/PrusaSlicer Script to Automatically Probe Only Printed Area by CCS86. You pass it a single parameter (mesh spacing value), and it parses the first layer gcode for min/max X and Y coordinates, and then replaces the M557 line in your start gcode.
- DuetTestSPI Tool by Danal. where SPI problems are suspected, I decide to whip together a utility that would combine all the suggested tests, give "Duet relevant" messages to be more useful to an end user, and etc.
- RepRapFirmware Configurable Printer Profile for IceSL Slicer by bot. IceSL is a pretty neat slicer that has some incredible features. It also allows total customization of GCode output with LUA scripting.