Step by step guide to using your Duet
If you have a Duet 2 Wifi or Duet 2 Ethernet please continue using this page.
If you have a Duet 2 Maestro head to the Maestro documentation
- Read the warnings page.
- See the following pages for choosing components. even if you already have a printer or set of components they can help in understanding the advantages and limitation of certain components.
We suggest you get connected to your Duet before you wire it into your printer.
The Duet Web Control user interface it the best way to control your Duet. It is used to control the Duet through the remainder of the steps in this guide. A comprehensive manual is here:
- Start with the Wiring your Duet guide.
- See the specific wiki page for more detail on each part of the hardware setup that applies to your setup:
- Duet Duet 2 Hardware Overview.
- Fire safety.
- Mounting and cooling the board.
- Power Wiring.
- SD Card.
- Choosing and connecting stepper motors.
- Connecting endstop switches.
- Connecting thermistors or PT1000 temperature sensors.
- Connecting thermocouples.
- Connecting PT100 temperature sensors.
- Connecting a bed heater.
- Connecting and configuring a chamber heater.
- Connecting extruder heaters.
- Connecting and configuring fans.
- Connecting a Z probe.
- Connecting an LCD control panel.
- Using an external SD card socket.
- Connecting an Emergency Stop button.
- Connecting and configuring filament-out sensors.
- Duex 2 and Duex 5 expansion boards.
- Using external stepper motor drivers.
- Adding additional output ports.
Start by generating a configuration file customised for your printer and upload it to the Duet. See the cartesian guide as a start point (even if you do not have a cartesian printer).
There are more detailed wiki pages for each printer type:
- Configuring RepRapFirmware for a Cartesian printer
- Configuring RepRapFirmware for a Delta printer and more detail on delta calibration here: Calibrating a delta printer.
- Configuring RepRapFirmware for a CoreXY printer
- Configuring RepRapFirmware for an IDEX printer
- Configuring RepRapFirmware for a SCARA printer
- Configuring RepRapFirmware for a CNC machine
- Configuring RepRapFirmware for a Polar printer
- Configuring RepRapFirmware for a Hangprinter printer
NOTE Some of these sections (with red links) are still to be written
- Test endstop switches
- Test temperature sensors at room temperature
- Test axes or motors individually
- Test homing behaviour
- Test and calibrate a Z probe
- Test heating
- Tune heaters, see Tuning the heater temperature control
- Test and calibrate extrusion
- Configure your slicer
- Now try a test print!