Step by step guide to using your Duet
- Read the warnings page.
- See the following pages for choosing components. even if you already have a printer or set of components they can help in understanding the advantages and limitation of certain components.
Follow the getting connected guide ¶
We suggest you get connected to your Duet before you wire it into your printer.
Check the firmware versions and update firmware if necessary. ¶
Connect your Duet to the other components in your 3D printer. ¶
- Start with the Wiring your Duet guide.
- See the specific wiki page for more detail on each part of the hardware setup that applies to your setup:
- Duet Duet Hardware Overview.
- Fire safety.
- Mounting and cooling the board.
- Power Wiring.
- SD Card.
- Choosing and connecting stepper motors.
- Connecting endstop switches.
- Connecting thermistors or PT1000 temperature sensors.
- Connecting thermocouples.
- Connecting PT100 temperature sensors.
- Connecting a bed heater.
- Connecting and configuring a chamber heater.
- Connecting extruder heaters.
- Connecting and configuring fans.
- Connecting a Z probe.
- Connecting an LCD control panel.
- Using an external SD card socket.
- Connecting an Emergency Stop button.
- Connecting and configuring filament-out sensors.
- Duex2 and Duex5 expansion boards.
- Using external stepper motor drivers.
- Adding additional output ports.
Initial configuration ¶
Start by generating a configuration file customised for your printer and upload it to the Duet. See the cartesian guide as a start point (even if you do not have a cartesian printer).
There are more detailed wiki pages for each printer type:
- Configuring RepRapFirmware for a Cartesian printer
- Configuring RepRapFirmware for a Delta printer and more detail on delta calibration here: Calibrating a delta printer.
- Configuring RepRapFirmware for a CoreXY printer
- Configuring RepRapFirmware for an IDEX printer
- Configuring RepRapFirmware for a SCARA printer
- Configuring RepRapFirmware for a CNC machine
- Configuring RepRapFirmware for a Polar printer
- Configuring RepRapFirmware for a Hangprinter printer
Commissioning tests ¶
NOTE Some of these sections (with red links) are still to be written
- Test endstop switches
- Test temperature sensors at room temperature
- Test axes or motors individually
- Test homing behaviour
- Test and calibrate a Z probe
- Test heating
- Tune heaters, see Tuning the heater temperature control
- Test and calibrate extrusion
- Configure your slicer
- Now try a test print!