Back to the Gcode Dictionary
M951: Set height following mode parameters
Supported in RepRapFirmware 3.x
Height following mode allows the Z position of the tool to be controlled by a PID controller using feedback from a sensor. See also M594.
- Hnn Sensor number
- Pnn.n Proportional factor, in mm per sensor unit
- Inn.n Integral factor, in mm per sensor unit per second
- Dnn.n Derivative factor, in mm per rate of change of sensor units (change in sensor unit per second)
- Fnn.n (optional) Sample and correction frequency (Hz), default 5Hz
- Znn.n:nn.n Minimum and maximum permitted Z values
If commanding the motors to increase Z causes the sensor value to increase, then all of P, I and D must be positive. If commanding the motors to increase Z causes the sensor value to decrease, then all of P, I and D must be negative.