Back to the Gcode Dictionary
G38.2 to G38.5: Straight Probe
Supported in RepRapFirmware 3 and later.
- X,Y,Z,U,V,W,A,B,Cnnn: Target position (up until RRF 3.1.1 these are expected to be machine coordinates)
- Pnn: Probe number to use, default 0 (deprecated in RRF 3.3 and later)
- Knn: Probe number to use, default 0 (RRF 3.3 and later)
- G38.2: probe toward workpiece, stop on contact, signal error if failure
- G38.3: probe toward workpiece, stop on contact
- G38.4: probe away from workpiece, stop on loss of contact, signal error if failure
- G38.5: probe away from workpiece, stop on loss of contact
Conditions considered an error (for G38.2 and G38.4)
- Probe already in target state (triggered for G38.2 and not triggered for G38.4)
- No target coordinates given
- Target coordinates equal to current position
G38.x Straight Probe will perform a probing move in a straight line with the currently active or selected (Pnnn) probe. It will either move towards an obstacle (usually a workpiece) and stop on contact or move away from an obstacle until the probe loses contact.
Note: for probing away the probe used does not have to be inverted. This command will take care of that.
Feedrate used for this move is the configured feedrate of the used probe (see M558 Fnnn).