The Duet 3 Expansion board 3HC v0.9 3 channel version supports the following:
- 3 high-current stepper drivers
- 3 high current PWM-capable outputs (provisionally 5A each maximum)
- 3 medium current PWM-capable outputs (provisionally 3A each maximum), 2-pin
- 3 outputs for 4-wire fans (separate PWM control wire and tacho)
- 9 low voltage input/output connectors. Some of these have additional facilities, for example UART capability.
Connectivity to the Duet 3 Mainboard is over the CAN-FD Bus.
A 3d render of the board is shown here:
''click on the image for a larger version"
DC42 conducted thermal tests on the drivers running at 4.45A RMS (6.3A Peak) per phase:
This is the FLIR image after 10 minutes, with no fan cooling:
The reported MCU temperature was 62.4C. Adding a quiet 40x20mm Sunon fan brings the temperatures down nicely:
The reported MCU temperature came down to 43C. Ambient temperature during these tests was 27C.